My blogger pal Mike, over at Run Till you Drop recently “tagged” me in a sort of blogging game (kinda like blogging awards). He tagged me and asked me a question that I’m to answer here on my blog. (So I will totes do just that).
And then, I’m to pass the tag along! I’ll link your blog in this post + ask you a question; you answer the question and then keep the tag moving!
I don’t think there’s a set number of how many tags to pass on. But yesterday I made a little list of some people who I hope will participate and actually write back. If you’re tagged here – come on back to the comments section and link us to your reply (I can always edit the post to include you answer link right on in the post body itself; technology is so fancy).
Mike tagged me over here.He wrote:
Secondly, I think it would be rude not to bring ‘happyhippierose‘ to the party! Rose is such a sweet girl who has just moved away from very different weather to what ‘bearrunner‘ experiences. After reading her posts about life in Hawaii, I get very jealous from time to time, BUT sadly she has recently moved and I’d like to know a little more as I’ve not seen many blogs from her recently. So Rose, how did the move go and are you settled now? Also, as Rose likes her exercise too, I’d like to know what you’ve done recently to keep yourself in shape whilst moving from one home to another?
Hey Mike! Thanks for thinking of me and for the kind words. Well, at the time you actually tagged me, I hadn’t mentioned much about the move – but now I think I’ve actually gone overkill and I’ve given the play-by-play all up on here. I have stories, photos, posts and what not (just scroll through my May posts, they’re almost all about moving – so it seems – sorry y’all, it was pretty consuming). I don’t want to be too redundant and bore you to tears, so I’ll say this:
- moving always sucks, it’s always a pain, it’s always stressful
- that considered, this one went REALLY well
- we turned part of it into a short road trip through NY state and that was wonderful, we met up with fam and friends we hadn’t seen in years!
- we’re nicely settled in now, and so far just LOVING it here!!
My cousin Nick’s home is great, he’s been a generous and gracious host – doing more for us than any one cousin should do for another; he is wonderful and his hospitality right now is one of the biggest blessings on our lives. So we’re living with him, probably will for a year or so. We get along well, it’s been super fun so far, lots of joking around and good times.
Also, we arrived at a great time of year – we live in an amazing small town near Lake Erie with SO MUCH to do. Because of said lake, there’s all kinds of water stuff to do: boating, fishing, tubing, swimming, sun bathing, etc., so on. New York state is gorgeous, has mountains, and in the warmer months there’s a festival or something every durn weekend.
On my health during this move: I was bad Mike. Like downright evil – I hadn’t worked out in a good, long time. The house mold in Hawaii had really taken hold of me before we left, and my last couple months there I was just soooo sick. I didn’t do much of anything. It took moving and getting a few weeks out of the moldy house to actually realize how sick I’d become – slowly, during the move, I started feeling better, regaining energy, and it was just dawning on me how really ill I had become. This move has been wonderful in that sense and to feel like myself again is such a treasure. So I’m easing back into a better, active, healthy lifestyle…
Since arriving here I’ve been running again!
Stretching, yoga and some abs work too. Pretty fancy, huh? I’m slowly trying to get back into it. I think after being so ill and not doing much of anything, all the fuss and movement of actually leaving and traveling felt like a workout at first. Now that we’re settled – it’s back to running, jogging, the kind of exercise I can do for free and in my house. The best kind!
So, I think that should have MORE than answered your questions, right? Thanks for thinking of me, Mike! You rock! And to my readers who’ve never checked out Mike’s blog before: it’s an awesome resource for fitness info, workout ideas, training motivation and wonderful photos of England, his adorable family and the fun stuff they get into on the weekends.
Now: I’ll Keep The Tag Moving!!!
Oh I have so many friends with blogs and blogs I’m friends with… I feel like I coould be here all day. So if you’re someone I love and I didn’t pick you, please don’t be cross with me. These kinds of blogging games always come around and get passed about – so I’m sure there will be others down the road, and when that happens I’ll mix up the participants for sure.
In no particular order:
1. Cult Fit – tag, you’re it! A real game of tag would totally count as random fitness, right? Cult Fit is a wacky, eccentric, brilliant blog written for the fitness-seeker with a speedy mind. They crack me up and offer a good wake up call to get off my rear and go out and sweat, they also write daily workouts of the random fitness variety – fun stuff, motivation, love the humor and style.
My question to Cult Fit: How many authors do y’all have? It always feels like there’s a whole mess of you penning blogs and you’re always referring to Uncle so-and-so, and this guy and that gal… but really, how many different writers are there?
UPDATE: Cult Fit already passed the tag – check out their post right here. So rad!
2. Sleep & Salami is a blog I got connected with during my feeble attempt at 30 Days of Blogging Honesty (which I hardly made it halfway through)… Sleep and Salami is a funny, happy blog that covers all kinds of topics and I’ve been a subscriber ever since the 30 Day event.
Question: I really loved your happy go lucky postings of “Merry May” – what a fun idea. I’m sorry you had a crummy April and you were in need of a pick me up – what have you found to be the best way to pull oneself out of a funk and into happiness? Do you think your focus on gratitude has been a big help? (I’m a huge advocate of focusing on gratitude for sure). How are you feeling now, emotionally? What’s in store for June?
3. Nourish. Nature. Love. Carlita! Heya Carly, how’s it going in Florida? Carly is a personal friend of mine who writes an incredibly educational blog about lifestyle, fitness, nutrition and health – she posts juicing recipes, all kinds of recipe, workout stuff, yoga stuff, just all kinds of holistic lifestyle good choices stuff.
I would like to ask Carly: Are you so stoked about your new job teaching/training Kosama? What about Kosama excites you? What all will you be doing as part of this new job? (Congrats btw, I’m super excited for you!) And if you want to get into Jordan’s new job, can you touch on what you’ll be doing to stay busy over the next year (other than working your tail feather off??)
4. I am Rose’s Keeper. Are you EVER going to write your own blog again? C’mon pleeeeeeeeeease. (That’s my hubby’s blog, I want him to keep it up!)
5. Ear-Sword-Miracle. Why are you so incredibly awesome?? Seriously Miles, you rock. You’ve become such a “mentor” to me – and you always inspire me and offer so much support and love. I think you and Sharon are so so rad! So I know I’m supposed to ask you some kind of question that you’re actually able to blog about… so let’s see: Can you tell me more about the roots of your faith? I know an awful lot about how you view things now, but I’d love to know more about the journey that got you there. And then – how did you and Sharon come to love tie dye so much? The whole 70′s thing, or is it just because tie dye is so fun and happy and bright, just like y’all are?
6. Twirling Girl. Oh Victoria, I love your blog! I think your writing is beautiful and inspirational. You’re really an excellent writer – is this blog your first foray into writing, or do you have some other experience that’s given you such a talented, solid voice and wonderful skill with words?
Where does your inspiration for your posts come from? And how on earth do you find the time to do so much reading?? You’re really an impressive lady, and I just want you to know that I love your blog and find beauty in everything you post.
7. Hiking in Paradise. Goodness you make me miss Hawaii! SO MUCH! I’m glad you’re trying to include more photos with your posts (I know at some point you mentioned getting a camera to bring on dives, and how it can be a bit clumsy to use – or at least it was at first, right?). Your adventures are always exciting and the enthusiasm with which you’ve jumped into SCUBA makes me wish I’d given diving a chance. Did you like that pun back there? I have ear drama though, so actually I’d probably not do well with diving, I can never go too deep when I’m snorkeling or swimming.
My question for you: What’s your most favorite hike in Hawaii? If you ever leave the island, what will you miss the most? And what adventure have you been on that’s your proudest accomplishment – ya know, what dive or hike was the toughest and left you feeling so great about yourself for getting through it?
8. Through The Tunnel. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I saw on Fb it was your birthday, so I just had to give you a shout out. Doing anything fun for your b-day? For the average person, what’s the most important thing we should know about PPD and those going through it? Like the top bit of advice you’d suggest for being supportive or the top bits of info to know for the sake of having awareness awareness, can you give us a surface level little bit, and “intro” to PPD if you will.
PPD, btw, is Post-Partum Depression, and my pal Esther writes a lovely encouraging blog about PPD and getting through to the light at the end of the tunnel. She’s a smart, sweet, and loving mama who helps reach out to many through her blog and social media. Again, Happy Birthday!! Love to you, Corny Esther =)
(fun fact: Ear-Sword-Miracle is Through The Tunnel’s Dad, so cool!)
Alrighty – I think that’s plenty of folks for now – right?
Now y’all have to Keep The Tag Moving! So, write and publish a post on your own blog, in which you answer the question I’ve asked you. Then “tag” some other blogs by linking to them in that same post and ask a question or two of them, thus passing the tag on to them. Cool? Cool!
And as always, thanks for reading!! xoxo, hhr
*pics stolen from other blogs and in one case, facebook, totally without permission because i’m totally rude like that.